My dear and generous friend, the artist Leonor Fini, was well-known for her love of cats. At any given time she had around 17 or 18 of them in her large Paris apartment. When it was time to retreat to the Loire Valley for the summer, the cats were carefully grouped in twos or threes in travel baskets for the journey by limousine. In the country the cats had the run of the house as well as a special enclosed cat garden outdoors.
In preparation for my visits, Leonor would acclimate her wonderful Siamese, Heloise, to the spacious bedroom that was to be mine for the several weeks I would be staying there. Food, water, litter box. Heloise slept with me every night and often curled up beside me during afternoon nap time as shown in the photo above.
I remember with great fondness those days in France. I am a grateful receiver of the many gifts of friendship Leonor gave to me.
In preparation for my visits, Leonor would acclimate her wonderful Siamese, Heloise, to the spacious bedroom that was to be mine for the several weeks I would be staying there. Food, water, litter box. Heloise slept with me every night and often curled up beside me during afternoon nap time as shown in the photo above.
I remember with great fondness those days in France. I am a grateful receiver of the many gifts of friendship Leonor gave to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment