We went on an early morning safai today into the Ranthambhore forest. We rode in an open air vehicle and saw monkeys, several kinds of deer, parrots, kingfishers, and other birds. Our prize was a tiger! Our onboard naturalist told us that the big cat we saw is a 500 pound male tiger, four years old, who was making the rounds of his territory "marking" it as he went along. I took my camera on the safari, but I wasn't able to get a good picture. You'll just have to take my word for it--it was a thrilling sight that is not experienced by every safari. We were among the lucky ones!
I'll post more pictures once we get to Agra where I will once again have a wi-fi connection to use. Here in Ranthambhore there is only broadband. No TV in the rooms, which I find refreshing as it allows for quiet contemplation time for everybody as well as time to catch up on our reading.
Love to all,
Allan
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment