Visitors to the Maetamann Elephant Camp in Chiangmai, Thailand ride through the forest atop elephants, buy paper products made from elephant dung, and see a show of the pachyderms performing a variety of entertaining feats. Some elephants paint pictures. The trainer puts the brush in the elephant’s trunk, but what else does the trainer do? Look! His hand is on the elephant’s tusk! I think he's making tiny tugs to signal how the elephant should move the brush on the paper! Am I being duped? Hmmmmm. Does it matter?
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Can Elephants Paint?
Visitors to the Maetamann Elephant Camp in Chiangmai, Thailand ride through the forest atop elephants, buy paper products made from elephant dung, and see a show of the pachyderms performing a variety of entertaining feats. Some elephants paint pictures. The trainer puts the brush in the elephant’s trunk, but what else does the trainer do? Look! His hand is on the elephant’s tusk! I think he's making tiny tugs to signal how the elephant should move the brush on the paper! Am I being duped? Hmmmmm. Does it matter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment