On Sundays I attend services at the Center for Spiritual Living in Santa Rosa. My precious pastor Dr. Edward Viljoen, the amazing Assistant Minister Rev. Joyce Duffala, and great guest speakers constantly inspire me to live a positive, prosperous life.The Santa Rosa center is affiliated with the New Thought spiritual movement known as Religious Science, or Science of Mind, founded in 1927 by Dr. Ernest Holmes (above). It should not be confused with Christian Science or Scientology, neither of which are connected to it.
I have read and studied quite a few books by Dr. Holmes including Good for You, published more than twenty years ago. I think the following affirmation from this book is absolutely wonderful.
I live today as though the words of this, my affirmative prayer, were already accomplished facts in my experience. I empty my mind of every fear and doubt. I condemn no one and no thing, not even myself. I forget that which is past and have no fear of the future.
I live in harmony with people and with all situations that surround me. I see and feel the presence of Good running through everything. I have complete faith that this Divine Presence reveals Itself to me in my every thought, every word, and every act.
There is nothing in my thought about the past or the future that can in any way deny me the pleasure and privilege of living today as though everything were complete and perfect. My whole expectancy is of much and more, of good and better.
The future is bright with hope and fulfillment. The present is perfect, and no past failure mars today’s understanding. Today is the start of my new and more successful experience of achievement.
No comments:
Post a Comment